In order to strengthen their scientific cooperation, CEDEJ and IFAO offer a scholarship in human and social sciences on contemporary developments of Egyptian society in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. This scholarship is open to students of any nationality who hold a Master or equivalent and are or will be registered for a PhD at the date of September 1, 2016.
The scholarship amount is 12 monthly payments of 1 000 euros net per month (in addition to the granting of a round-trip flight ticket). The beneficiary may, at his/her option, receive this scholarship either for 12 consecutive months starting from September 1, 2016, or for 12 months spread over two years from September 1, 2016 till August 31, 2018.
Allocation of this scholarship requires that the beneficiary shall reside in Egypt for twelve months. He/She must subscribe a health insurance and a repatriation insurance. He/She will have all the practical and logistical facilities of both Institutes.
The application should include the following:
– ID Photocopy ;
– A detailed curriculum vitae in English or French ;
– If the candidate is not registered for the PhD yet: a certificate of Master’s degree or equivalent, or alternatively, a certificate of registration for the second year of the MA for the year 2015-2016 ;
– If the candidate is already registered for the PhD: a registration certificate of the University for the year 2015-2016 ;
– A research project presentation, in a maximum of ten pages, in French or English ;
– Two recommendation letters in English or French.